Centroid tonearm and SG1.1 turntable
Analog Products of the Year 2013, Stereophile
Centroid tonearm and SG2 turntable
Analog Products of the Year 2010, Stereophile
Structural rigidity and the efficient dissipation of unwanted mechanical energy are hallmarks of the Spiral Groove tonearm as well. Three criteria have determined our choice of tonearm materials: low mass, high strength, and the ability to transfer energy quickly away from the cartridge. Moreover, in order to give that energy somewhere to go, we have established a direct link between cartridge and mechanical ground. No other tonearm available today dispenses with wayward energy more effectively.
Optimal rigidity and the exceptionally fast transfer of energy from headshell to ground are just two of the reasons our tonearm delivers unsurpassed speed, dynamic energy, and tonal purity. Another is its overall balance. Unlike most other tonearm designers, we use advanced computer modeling to simulate the forces exerted on the arm as the cartridge tracks the record. Understanding these forces dynamically has enabled us to compensate for them mechanically. We call our approach Balanced Force DesignTM, and with it we have greatly improved tracking and optimized cartridge performance.
The Spiral Groove tonearm was designed not only to set new engineering standards but also to please users. Like Spiral Groove turntables, our tonearm is exceedingly user-friendly. In order to deliver their best performance, high-end cartridges require tonearms that facilitate precise alignment. On our tonearm, the overhang, VTA, azimuth, zenith, anti-skate control and tracking force are all easily adjustable. Our proprietary mirror setup gauge, inluded with each arm, makes adjustment easier still.
- Balanced Force DesignTM - modal analysis places center of mass at bearing point
- Patented Counterweight design minimisez moment of inertia
- 10" pivot-to-stylus distance
- matched Swiss sapphire cup jewel and hardened steel upper bearing
- "Zero tolerance" Unipivot bearing design
- Multi-layered, damped arm tube
- Low mass. high strength aluminum/carbon fiber arm tube
- High purity copper internal hyper-litz wiring
- Overhang, VTA, Azimuth, Zenith, Anti-skate & Tracking Force easily adjustable
- Precise mirror set-up gauge included